Sunday, June 2, 2013

Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge

I got the chance to sketch with the "metro sketchers" group for the first time today at the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge, which was a win-win-win situation:  a chance to meet other fellow avid sketchers, be outside, and sketch from nature! I definitely hope to meet up with them again on further sketch outings. Unfortunately, I did have to leave a bit early this time due to prior obligations (and a mental kick in the rear for leaving my favorite water color brushes at home).

I walked down a trail to the bottom of the valley and found this nice spot looking straight out onto the marsh, though blocked by trees.  Perfect for me as a silent observer. One thing I did this time that I don't usually do is I did not erase any pencil underlay sketch marks. That being said, I think it turned out ok.

Media: Watercolor Crayon, Micron Pen, Graphite.

Below is a photo of the area I was sketching

No comments:

Post a Comment